QuickBooks, a bookkeeping program built for the SME sector, is error-free and user-centric. The two most popular built-in utilities offered by the program are Verify Data and Data Recovery. The former identifies the database in many cases, while the latter solves data integrity issues found in the Verify Data program.
One of the most common reasons that force users to use “verify” and “rebuild” software is that, there are several errors occur when users use QuickBooks desktop and any problems found in accounts, such as bills or invoices, with negative values. Other reasons for requesting a QuickBooks data file recovery are:
- Deposit payments are shown in the Deposit Payments section
- When not all accounts appear in the balance sheet accounts
- When data is checked, the file is accessed without error
- Transactions in the window are not lost or displayed incorrectly
- When names was missing from the lists
Procedure to Rebuild QuickBooks Data File Documents
You will find the procedure of this rebuild QuickBooks data file quite simple and straight forward, so follow it steps one by one as mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks; click on File
- Now click on Utilities; select Rebuild Data
- In case program displays a warning message for back up file, click on OK
- The program then shows that the recovery is complete, click OK.
- Finally run Verify Data to check for remaining data corruption
If the program displays a ‘QuickBooks not responding’ message, hover over the mouse pointer and wait for the data rebuild process to complete.
If the verification operation failed, try to repeat the process until the application confirms the file for persistent messages.
Although there are several procedures for rebuilding a QuickBooks data file, you can reduce the risk of corruption by using a few manual techniques.
Specify File Volume to Reduce Corruption Risk
Generally the huge size of QuickBooks file greatly contributes to corruption, but it is not always necessary to corrupt only large files. It can be said that larger the file size, the greater the risk of corruption. Thus, it is advisable to continuously monitor the file size and bring it under control.
Monitor and Reduce Database Fragments
Fragmented data files can affect the performance of your database server. Therefore, reducing disk fragmentation becomes more important as the size of your database increases. The number of database fragments can be monitored in the product information window. If the database contains 10 or more data fragments, you can follow the given procedure to reduce the fragments easily.
- Resort List: Use the resort list option in the list menu. Re-sort through list titles will not put the same reorganization effect on the file.
Note: Some lists may not show selection of Resort List
- Rebuild File: After re-sorting the company file, you can use the QuickBooks Data File Rebuild program according to the procedure outlined in the blog section. Recover QuickBooks Data Files Data utility can also be used to fix the corruption risks.
- Create Portable Company File: Create a portable company file is one of the most ideal solution to reduce database fragments and then renovate the Portable Company file to re-index the database.
- Running Windows Defragmentation Utility: Hard disk fragmentation level may be affected by accounting application database fragmentation level; therefore, you can now run the Windows Defragmenter utility on the hard disk where the program file is stored.
General Network Issues & Maintenance
In a multi-user environment, an incorrect configured router can affect the performance of QuickBooks that may increase the corruption issues as well. If a network outage is caused by an incorrect server configuration or misuse of hardware components, the QuickBooks data file may become corrupt.
QuickBooks data files corruption can occur if there is someone on the network or a combination of issues:
- Any connection problems exist with routers
- Any Operating System problems
- Hardware or network driver problems stick with workstation network adapters
Corruption due to Transaction(s):
If the corruption is associated with one or mare transaction in the QuickBooks data file, you can try to fix the problem by first deleting it and then re-entering the transaction. To create a specific transaction that creates a problem, it is advisable to search for the record document number, then delete and re-enter the transaction.
QuickBooks database file may be corrupted due to the inconsistencies in the balances. If any imbalance is found in the file, even after performing the above methods, then you can go for an alternative solution to repair the problem.
Points to Consider:
- If in case the QuickBooks rebuild utility fails or unable to recover damaged database, it is advisable to use another recovery method for this task.
- If you cannot find the error stored in the QuickBooks file, the finest way to solve the problem is to restore it from the backup system.
- Make sure no overwriting is done in the existing company file. Any additional information is included after the last backup system must be entered manually after the successful recovery function.
What to do when Manual QuickBooks Rebuild Fails
QuickBooks repair tool supports recovery from all forms of corruption in the app and helps users to retrieve information related to business such as – employees, suppliers, services, users, etc. To test the amazing repair features of these QBW files repair tool, click the Download button:
Several benefits are offered by the QuickBooks file repair tool, which are as follows:
- This software helps to recover all components of the QuickBooks database file, including checks and payroll transactions.
- The QuickBooks repair software supports the recovery of multiple currencies
- The software preview all the recoverable components before starting the actual recovery process
- Grants the complete successful recovery of Items and Services, job information of customers, transaction information of customers, chart of accounts, job information of the vendors, and much more.
- QuickBooks file can be selected from any user-defined location to perform a recovery operation. If the location of the QuickBooks data file is unknown, the tool allows you to search and locate it from the toolbar.
- Whenever a repair is performed, it saves the log report corresponding to each and every task performed, which can be used for future reference
- It supports QuickBooks 2020 and all lower versions
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003 & 2000.
Therefore, with the above manual and alternative methods for rebuild the QuickBooks data file, you can be a savior in detecting serious corruption in your QBW file. Do not wait just try and let us know the feedback!