Last Updated on
Now a day’s many users need to convert their information from Microsoft Exchange files (.ost) into Microsoft Outlook files (.pst). But it is hard to get the right solution to import files offline from OST to PST.
Here we mention some most prominent methods to convert files from OST to PST format
Migrate / Export Exchange Server Offline Data (OST) to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2007
First Method: Using Import / Export wizard in MS Outlook
This MS Outlook Import / Export wizard is very helpful for you while exporting your data from OST to PST format offline. It also allows you to save your exported data in CSV and Excel file format. Follow the mentioned steps below to export or save your files offline:
- Open Outlook
- Go to the File tab and click on Open and Export option.
- Click Import / Export option in the opened window.
- Select option ‘Export to a file’ then click on Next.
- In opened Window select Outlook Data File (.pst) from the option ‘Create a file of type’ then click on Next.
- In the new dialog box that appears, choose a folder to export from and also check ‘Include subfolders’ box and click on Next.
- In next dialog box, click on browse to save PST exported file at your desired location and click on Finish.
Note: If the user is connected to the Exchange server then only this method works.
Second Method: Archiving
The archive is also another interesting feature in Microsoft Outlook that you can use to export your emails to PST file. However, you can export your mailbox data but unable to export contacts. Follow the steps involved in this method below:
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on File menu that appears option in the left side and your account information. Now Click on Cleanup Tools and select Archive option.
- When Archive dialog box open, you need to check the ‘Archive this folder and subfolders’ option. And choose the folder where you want to move to PST file. Choose ‘Archive items older than’ dialog box choose a date from the menu and click on OK. All inbox data that were received till the date provided by you will be archived automatically.
Note: It allows you to export your all OST files to PST file format except Contacts.
Third Method: Drag & Drop your mailbox to new PST file
This option you can also use to move mailbox data from OST to PST file. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all open MS Outlook.
- Open new PST file (Blank) in Outlook.
- Drag & drop your mail folders in the new blank PST file which you want to export from OST to PST file.
Note: In this method, you cannot drag Inbox, Contacts, and other default folders into a .pst file. So, you need to copy all these folders from OST to PST file.
Fourth Method: Using Conversion Tools
Using conversion tools is one of the easiest ways to convert OST items into PST file. If due to some reason manual methods are not working or you are unable to do manually you can use this OST to PST Conversion tools. With this, you can convert password protected as well as compact OST files. Using Tools is a short and sweet method no needs to follow a lengthy process to convert OST files to PST files.
If you use this Conversion Tool, then you don’t need to do anything just download this tool and install in your system and the rest process will be done automatically. This software is easy to use even non-technical user can also use it without any problem. And no need for any kind of help from anyone.