Microsoft Outlook is the most popular e-mail manager that every company owner wants to have. It is used by individuals or by organizations as a multi-user application. But still many users have the misunderstanding that Outlook only supports Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 accounts, which is absolutely incorrect in all terms. Outlook can add an account associated with multiple emails such as Opera Mail, AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Mozilla, etc. You no longer need to log in to the system when you start Outlook, if you have already added your email account to Outlook.
On category basis, you probably have one of the main 2 types of email account – it can be either POP or IMAP. These both types of accounts can be added to Microsoft Outlook application. There can be multiple accounts in one application and you can check all emails at once as Gmail is the main player in email clients, so you have to get the whole procedure including all the important details.
Create the App-password for Gmail account
An app password is a special password that you use to create for some application or devices that access your Gmail account. It is the way to let the blocked app or device access Gmail account. You can create an app password for YouTube, a gaming website, an eBook website, or any other platform that requires a Gmail account and you don’t want to share your original password with them. App password can only be used when you enable the two-factor verification. Create an app password to securely connect to your Gmail account.
- First you need to login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon and then select ‘Settings’ option.
- Move to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Here you need to enable the ‘Enable IMAP’ option. and then Click on Save Changes button to proceed further.
- Now you need to move back to your account and click the ‘Manage your Google Account’ option.
- Go to the Security option in the left hand side bar, and click the 2-step verification section. You need to confirm your mobile number to verify it and re-enter the Gmail account password.
- After the two-step verification, the App Password section opens. Click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, click the ‘Other’ button and enter the name Outlook. Click Generate.
- Now your new password has been generated. Save it and click on ‘Done’ option given below right hand side.
- Once the app password created, Move to Outlook and click Add Account button.
- Select the ‘Manual setup or additional types’ option. Then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Select the POP or IMAP option and then click on Next.
- On this page, you must enter all the details of the account. In the input mail server, input imap.gmail.com and in the outgoing mail server, enter smtp.gmail.com and enter the app password you created earlier.
- Now, Outlook will verify your account details and log in to the server. Then click Finish.
- Finally, your account is listed in Outlook and you can check your email and contacts.
There are many advantages of using MS Outlook that’s the reason why most of the business owners want to shift their email accounts to Microsoft Outlook, so that they can reap the benefits.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when implementing your Gmail account synchronization plan –
Offline email access
Outlook allows users to work in Offline mode as well. Users can write an e-mail and save them in the draft and they will be taken after receiving the active connection. This way your business functions will work smoothly and you will not have to depend on the internet to write an important email.
Outlook offers an extraordinary calendar feature that allows you to easily plan your presentations, leaves, meetings, seminars, etc., it also allows you to share these calendar records with your team members and effectively collaborate with them later, anytime.
Better Find feature for emails
To finds among a lot of emails, many features permit you to short emails on the basis of date, size, timeframe, etc. Outlook allows you to search and find it in an email folder, search folder, and more.
Resource mailbox in Outlook
Outlook includes resource mailboxes for your meeting rooms, halls and projectors, and more. You can plan to add your resources to these resources and add them to the mailbox. You can even send an invitation and check the free / busy schedule of others.
Create multiple mailboxes
You can have multiple mailboxes in one Outlook program and receive emails in each of them. You can portion a shared mailbox, archive mailbox, and public folder if you have an exchange or Office 365 account.