Last Updated on
You may need to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365 for your organization and administrators may play a vital role in the same. In this way, end users don’t have anything to do in case of migration. In some cases, end users have to export their Exchange mailbox to Office 365. Another interesting thing is that end users don’t need any help to export their Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 without having Exchange administrators. Here’s how to do the same –
Exporting Exchange Mailbox to PST using MS Outlook
Export exchange mailbox data to PST feature is available in Outlook’s desktop versions. The steps may be different a bit in various versions of MS Outlook.
Here’s how to do it in Outlook 2016/2013
- Go to file menu in Outlook 2016/2013 to export data to PST file and click “Open & Export” and click ‘Import/Export’ button.
- Select Export to a file option and click Next.
- Click next after selecting ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’.
- Select the folder which you want to export to new PST file and click Next.
- Browse the destination PST file location and pick one of these options –
- Allow creating duplicate items
- Replace duplicate items with items exported
- Don’t export duplicate files
These were the steps to export Exchange mailbox to PST file.
Importing Exchange Mailbox to Office365 via Outlook
Once you have done exporting Exchange server mailbox to PST, it’s time to import the same to your Outlook account which is linked with O365. Follow these steps to import PST file –
- Select the File menu and click “Open & Export > Import/Export”
- Select “Import from another file or program” and click Next in Import and Export wizard.
- Click next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Select PST file and choose one of these options
- Allow creating duplicates
- Replace duplicate files with files imported
- Don’t import duplicate files
- Select the folder to import PST files and click Finish button.
Why Use Professional Kernel Import and Export tools?
Using professional tools like Exchange Backup and Restore is even better and more simple way to save Exchange mailbox items in PST file and restore the same into Office 365. It performs safe, quick and secure migration and sends migration report in CSV format.
- Run Exchange Backup & Restore tool and select Backup option
- Add the source Exchange account by clicking Add button.
- Input Exchange data like Exchange IP address/server name, password, and Exchange account. To backup one account, click the first option and then Add button.
- Click ‘Set Filter and Migrate’ button after adding account.
- You can choose from archive mailbox, mailbox, and public folder as source folder. Select and click Migrate.
- Use different filters in filter selection page to the mailbox data and choose the data you require to migrate. At the end, click ‘I am ok, start migration’.
- Click OK by providing destination folder to PST.
- It will start migration.
- Once migration is done, it will show you a success message. Click OK.
- You can now save report in CSV file.
Steps to Import PST files to Office 365 Mailbox
- Launch the program and click on Restore.
- Click Add and choose the PST file.
- Click on Add button in the destination.
- Enter the credentials of your Office 365 account and click on ‘Add’ button.
- Map the destination mailbox and source PST with drop-down menu.
- Click the option ‘Set Filter and Migrate’.
- Select the folder from archive mailbox, mailbox or public folder where you can save PST file and click on Migrate button.
- Choose the filters which are most useful and click the option ‘I am OK, start migration’.
- It will show you a success message and click ‘OK’
- At the end, save the report to CSV and click on ‘OK’ button.
With Kernel Exchange Backup and Restore software, you can export Exchange mailbox to PST file and restore the same to Office 365/Exchange as require. It is a very simple and quick method and it works in all Exchange Server versions.