Last Updated on
Deleting a folder or file intentionally or accidentally without knowing its usefulness is faced by most of us or we might face. It is not that easy to recover these files. In this post, we would tell you some free processes with which you can recover deleted files in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010.
If you delete any file or email from Outlook, the chances are high that you can recover it. At first, you need to look for your deleted files of MS Outlook in Trash or in Deleted Items. If you don’t find any of those files, you may find the files in the folder “Recoverable Items”. You can use the tool PST File Repair for easy access if you can’t access Recoverable Items folder.
Recover Deleted Items in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2013
Here are the steps to recover Outlook files which are permanently deleted. First of all, you have to find out where your file is located –
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to the list of your email folder and hover around “Deleted Items”
- Browse and locate email that has been deleted accidentally. Once you find the email, right click and click “Move > Other Folder”
- If you want to move or transfer message to inbox, choose ‘Inbox’.
Recover Deleted Events, Appointments, Tasks and Contacts
- Click on “Move > Other Folder > Calendar” to recover deleted calendars
- Right click on the file under “Move > Other Folder > Contacts” to recover deleted contacts
- Right click on the file under “Move > Other Folder > Tasks” if you want to recover Outlook tasks.
Here are the ways to recover deleted items in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010. These steps will help you recover items that are deleted permanently in Deleted Items folder. If you cannot find deleted item in the folder, you might want to go any other way to recover deleted files in Outlook.
This way, you can recover files from Server and you can restore deleted files in MS Outlook even though you have emptied deleted folder, deleted item from deleted folder accidentally or intentionally, or have removed file with Shift + Delete permanently.
Steps to restore deleted Outlook folders and files –
- Open Outlook
- Go to the list of email folders
- Click “Deleted Items” and be sure “Home” is selected/clicked
- Click “Recover Deleted Items from Server” on the top
Note – If “Recover Deleted Items from Server” is grayed out or doesn’t show up, you are offline. So, start over in online mode to make it work.
- Browse and find the file and click “Restore Selected Items” and “OK”.
You can also recover all your contacts, emails, tasks, calendars, and other items from the server.
Where Recovered Items go after Restoration?
When your items are restored from “Recover Deleted Items from Server” option, they move to Deleted Items folder automatically. After this process, go to Deleted Items. You have to move such files in their folders. Keep in mind that all tasks, contacts, calendar, files, and appointments are also moved to the folder “Deleted Items”. To restore such files, you need to go through the same process as discussed above.
Tips and Tricks to Recover Deleted Outlook Files smoothly
- You can sort and find specific file in your list of deleted by sorting out with Deleted On, Subject etc. Keep in mind that ‘Deleted On” data shows the date on which file has been deleted permanently from the system or from Deleted Items folder.
- All mailbox items like tasks, contacts, calendars are displayed with same envelop icon.
- If you are in search for email from a contact and you cannot locate the same, sort the list by “Subject” and look for email or name of person.
- If you are searching for task or any appointment that you have deleted, sort the list by ‘Form’ column and look for your name.
- With this technique, users can easily restore several files at one time. Click on each files and messages while holding “Ctrl” button. You can also restore several emails or files by clicking first item while holding Shift key and click final item in this list.
Sadly, if you cannot locate or see any specific file in the server, there are high chances that it has been deleted permanently. It cannot be restored with this technique.
Restore Files if Manual Techniques are not helpful
If these techniques are no longer helpful or you can not find your files on server, only way to recover deleted items in Outlook is by using a unique program named Outlook PST Recovery Tool. Even though you search for it, you can find plenty of tools to recover your PST files. If you are looking for the one, it is better to go with this Outlook PST Recovery Tool.
It is one of the most cutting-edge recovery tools in the market. It can’t just recover emails, but also helps users to recover deleted calendars, contacts, and tasks. In addition, it can easily recover of around 80GB. With this option, you can easily save recovered files in various formats like MSG, PST, EML, DBX, and MBOX.
Best thing is that it is very simple to understand and smooth GUI so even a non-technical user can use it with any technical experience. You can also download free trial version to check its effectiveness. You should always go for manual techniques to recover lost items. You can go for this tool only if it doesn’t work.
You can Download the Free Trial Version from here. Free version will show you all the preview of recoverable emails, which you can check by manual.