Usually OST is an offline storage table which can stores all the data of the system in an offline mode. OST file able to save as well as stores data while system is not connected to the internet, it works on the both of the modes such as offline and online. OST file format is also includes such mailbox items to store the data such as attachments, contacts, email messages, notes, tasks, calendar, journals and other items.
PST is stands for personal storage table which is able to store all the personal file and folders in your system. Even you can also save all the emails, journals, tasks, contacts, calendar entries etc. There are some PST file formats named POP3, IMAP, and HTTP. So outlook PST saves the data in these formats.
Both OST and PST files are provided by the Microsoft. Usually both outlooks OST and PST file formats have same features but their storage capacity is different, I mean it saves and stores the data in the different file formats.
In the other way, sometime you need to the migration of OST to PST. There can be some reason while you need for the migration. Sometime you find errors in your outlook such as virus attacks, abruptly shutdown PC, and downtime of the server etc. Due to any of reason your data gets inaccessible or corrupt. Hence you need to convert your OST file into the PST format. Let’s know how to convert OST file into the PST file format.
Here are Some Manual Tips for OST to PST Converter:
- Import and Export the data to the OST into PST
- Install the outlooks in your system
- Open the Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the file menu, select Import and Export
- In this wizard, click on the Export to a file option and then click Next button
- Now choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next
- Select the folder which you want to export
- Browse and choose the desire folder, where you want to save the new PST file and click on the Finish button.
- First of all Start Ms Outlook.
- Create the new PST file in your system
- Select and drag all the mailbox folders you want to move into the PST file
- Open your Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File and then Archive
- Select your file or folder you want to archive
- Browse the location to save the archived file
- At last click on the Finish
In this blog we discussed about the manual method, here you should have to know about the limitations of this method like the processor is a time consuming and bit of lengthy. Doesn’t allow in all version of MS Outlook it can only applicable in few outlook versions.
Other then here is another method is known as third-party, which allows for use wonderful solution, that is OST to PST Converter Software. It is so adorable, easy to use and works very quickly. The software provides you to the free trial version.
If you are not satisfied with the manual processor to any reason like you haven’t any more time. Then you can try another one which is OST to PST Converter Software. Download the application, get more info and hit the link.